TASK 1: Introduction
Business firm is facing multiple from its Asia customer support service provider. Low quality of work delivered by the Asian firm and elevation in the cost are the two main reasons due to which firm is in a dilemma whether it must consistently outsource its work to the Asian firm or must develop in house team or must outsource same firm to any other company located in the Europe. Some of the reasons due to which firm must consistently outsource its work to the Asian firm are as follows.
• Cost saving service: One of the advantages of outsourcing work to the Asian firm is that cost saving in business is achieved. It can be noted that people in Asia at low rate work for the firms. Even the wage rate got increased in the Asia then also deal will be profitable for the HR Solutions, because it will not increase by very high rate (Farndale, Nikandrou and Panayotopoulou, 2018). Thus, in respect to this factor every time firm is in a better position. In Asian countries, there is moderate to high unemployment rate and even wage rate hiked in the nation Asia business customer support service provider can easily get employees at low wage rate and also can get better quality of work.
• Skilled and quality staff: In Asian markets, skilled and quality staff can be developed by the firm. There are a number of individuals in Asia that are talented in varied fields speak good English. In other words, whatever level of skilled people there is in Europe can easily obtain or seen in the Asian market Hence, without compromising with quality better service can be obtained or delivered to the client by the HR Solution if it remains in the Asian market.
• Latest technology and infrastructure: In Asia there are a number of developing nations and all of them have good technology and infrastructure. Thus, they can fulfill company requirements means that if a company is outsourcing its services in the Asian market it do not need to assist Asian firms to develop its technology base (Kang. and Shen, 2017). Hence, it can be said that Asian customer service provider can make changes in its business according to the need of the HR Solutions and due to this reason it must remain in the Asian market.
• Round the clocks service: Asian firms provide 24 hours 7 days service to the business firms. Hence, whenever require service is easily available to the HR Solution clients. Such kind of facility is not provided by the many EU firms. Hence, this factor cannot be ignored while making decision to shift back office operations from Asia to EU.
• Results oriented service: Asian companies have expert and qualified staff at the workplace and due to this reason they are able to provide any sort of support to their clients of any level (Girma, 2019). This factor can also not be ignored while the firm is in a dilemma whether to shift back office operation from Asia to EU or to remain in the Asia.
TASK 4: Conclusion on business proposal
On the basis of the above discussion, it is concluded that the firm must continue outsource of its back office operations to the Asian company because the cost is still low in the Asian market. Firms operating in the Asian market provide 24 hour service for 7 days and of better quality. These firms are also sound in HR and technology base. Hence, it can be said that Asian markets are still viable for the firm. Major issue is that from sometime Asian customer support company employees are not providing quality of service to the HR Solution clients due to which firm lost its clients. Problem of solution is that HR selection processes need to be improved and talent management need to be done. As part of resource and TM strategy, first of all, profile of likely candidate will be prepared which will be considered to select any candidate as an employee. Apart from this, JD will be revised; organization culture and facilities provided by the company to its employees will be improved and will be communicated to the candidates. So that those who feel company relevant only come for interview. Apart from this, internal staffing will also be done to increase retention rate.
Books and journals
Al-Kassem, A.H., 2017. Recruitment and selection practices in business process outsourcing industry. Archives of Business Research. 5(3).
Anlesinya, A. and Amponsah-Tawiah, K., 2020. Towards a responsible talent management model. European Journal of Training and Development.
Belete, M., 2019. The Effect Of Recruitment And Selection Practice On Military Personnel Retention The Case Of Major General Hayelom Araya Military Academy (Doctoral dissertation, Addis Ababa University).
Berman, E.M., and et.al., 2019. Human resource management in public service: Paradoxes, processes, and problems. CQ Press.
Farndale, E., Nikandrou, I. and Panayotopoulou, L., 2018. Recruitment and selection in context. In Handbook of Research on Comparative Human Resource Management. Edward Elgar Publishing.
Girma, B., 2019. A Study On Effectiveness Of Selected Human Resource Management Practices In Panafric Global Plc (Doctoral dissertation, Addis Ababa University).
Holm, A.B. and Haahr, L., 2018. 11 e-Recruitment and selection. e-HRM: Digital Approaches, Directions & Applications.
James, C. and et.al., 2019. Primary school headteacher recruitment and selection in England: the processes and the problematic aspects. School Leadership & Management. 39(5). pp.478-495.
Kang, H. and Shen, J., 2017. International Recruitment and Selection Policies and Practices. In International Human Resource Management in South Korean Multinational Enterprises (pp. 51-84). Springer, Singapore.
Lenz, M.V., 2018. Talent management as a vital business model component.
Nankervis, A.R., and et.al., 2016. Human resource management: strategy and practice. Cengage AU.
Rees, G. and Smith, P. eds., 2017. Strategic human resource management: An international perspective. Sage.
Shanbhag, M., Dutt, M.L. and Bagwe, S., 2016. Strategic talent management: A conceptual analysis of BCG model. Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research. 2(7). pp.552-556.